Threading is an ancient hair removal technique where antibacterial cotton is used in a special method to remove facial hair and shape beautiful eyebrows. An accredited threading artist twists the cotton and rolls this over the skin, to gently lift the entire hair from the follicle.
Most people don’t realize every time they wax they remove layers of skin and some people can be red for days. The redness is caused not only by this skin damage but in some cases a reaction to the chemicals that are in the wax. Threading is therefore a great alternative and helps protect the facial skin whilst still providing hair removal.
How does it work?
An accredited threading artist twists the cotton and rolls this over the skin in a special method, to gently lift the entire hair from the follicle. Threading removes the entire hair from the follicle, leaving smooth skin that can last up to 4-6 weeks. Perfect for eyebrows and other facial hair removal.
Does it hurt?
Once you try it you will realize it is nothing like you would expect. Most of our clients say it is really relaxing-have you ever been relaxed during hair removal? Some areas of the face like the lip area can be more sensitive but generally most clients think it is quite pleasant and are very surprised. Get Threaded have perfected the technique and although our technique is based on traditional threading methods, there are some differences that are unique to us so a pleasant and less painful hair removal treatment can be given to you.
What products are used?
The only product used for the hair removal is a 100% natural antibacterial threading cotton, a talc free powder is applied before the service and a aloe vera gel afterwards if required. No chemicals, toxins or artificial substances are used.
These are numerous-here are our top 5!
- 100% natural hair removal method as no waxes or chemicals are applied to skin.
- Threading, the 'Get Threaded' way is less painful than other hair removal methods and traditional threading. We have spent years on perfecting the technique to ensure it is as pain free as possible.
- Incredibly accurate! Hair can be removed individually or in 'lines' to create a perfect shape for the eyebrows. It picks up all the hair on the surface even really fine and short hair can also be removed. It is ideal for hormonal hair too!
- Threading has less adverse affects and will not burn, cause trauma or allergic reactions to the skin like other hair removal methods. The skin usually doesn’t turn bright red as skin layers are not being removed and as there is little irritation to the area it is possible to go over the area more than once.
- Threading is a suitable alternative hair removal treatment for client’s that are using acne treatments or have been asked to avoid waxing as the technique does not damage the skin and only removes the unwanted hair.
What are the most common services for threading?
Women: Full face, eyebrows, sides of face, chin, lip, forehead.
Men: Eyebrows.....we call them 'guybrows'.
I have been told I cannot wax, can I have threading?
There are a variety of reasons why people cannot wax with one of these reasons being they are on acne medication or creams. With approval from your skin specialist or doctor you are usually able to have threading procedures performed as you are not doing any damage to the skins surface.
I've tried threading before and I did not like it?
The Get Threaded® technique is less painful and is based on traditional indian eyebrow threading techniques but has been perfected in various ways. Get Threaded artists know not one but three different techniques and only use antibacterial threading cotton which makes a big difference in the service. They are also trained with speciality ‘eyebrow expert’ knowledge on how to shape an eyebrow according to your face and eye shape and use speciality shaping tools for this service.
Where can I find a skilled Threader?
Get Threaded is the only threading business in the world that you can be assured that you will find certified and internationally accredited* and fully trained artists providing threading. We have locations all over Australia, NZ and coming soon USA!
*All Get Threaded artists, franchisees, licensees and associated staff are Get Threaded Certified, exclusively use Antibacterial Threading Cotton for all threading services and have completed or are completing internationally accredited qualification-International Certificate in Hair Removal (Threading). You can ask to see their certificates...they are proud to show them off!
Our artists are high skilled and especially trained in the technique and you should not allow someone without a formal training certificate (from a recognised provider) perform your threading. You can find your closest artist on our Locations page.
How much does it cost for threading?
This will vary from salon to salon but generally prices for threading are about the same as what you would normally pay for facial waxing. Contact the salons directly for pricing and specials.
How long does it take to get done?
- Eyebrow Threading takes approx 10-15 minutes depending if a total shape is required
- Lip, Chin or Forehead Threading 5 minutes
- Sides of Face Threading 10-15 minutes
- Full Face Threading 30-40 minutes
- GuyBrows (Threading/ Shaping for Men) 5 minutes